DUCTED GAS HEATING COMMON ISSUES AND PROBLEMS
BEFORE YOU CALL FOR SERVICE OR ASSISTANCE
Service calls can often be avoided! If you feel your ducted heater is not operating properly, please check these possible causes first:
Troubleshooting common Ducted heating problems / faults:
- Switch power ON/OFF to reset heater, ensure the circuit breaker has not been tripped
- Check the gas supply and pilot light is turned ON
- Check the batteries in a Thermostat and Ensure Manual mode is Enabled
- Check that minimum 7 outlets are fully open
- Make sure the filter in the return air is clean
CENTRAL DUCTED HEATING COMMON ISSUES AND PROBLEMS
- My ducted heating won’t turn on / not turning on
- Heater blowing cold air / no warm air
- Heater has blank screen on a wall controller / keypad
- An error message is appearing on a wall controller / thermostat
- Ducted heater tripping the power / safety switch / Fuse
- There is no air coming out of some vents
- My heater creating a burning smell / smoke coming out of vents
- Ducted heating is very noisy / making a strange noise
- The fan is running continuously on Ducted heating
All the above problems are clear indication that your Ducted Gas Heating system in need of service or repairs. At REPAIR Heating & Cooling Our licenced and experienced Technicians will be able to determine what causing the problem and will help you to get it repaired as soon as possible.
WHAT IS NORMAL OPERATION OF DUCTED HEATER?
- Ensure the gas tap at the heater is turned on.
- Turn the Thermostat to the ON Position.
- Set the Thermostat to above the room temperature.
- The heater is now in automatic mode. After a short period of time, the room fan will commence to blow warm air through the vents.
- Set the room thermostat to the desired temperature. When Set room temperature is reached the burners will turn off. The room fan will continue to run (about 2 minutes ) to extract all the heat from the heat exchanger.
If you’ve noticed that it takes Heater too long to Start up, or it’s blowing cold air only - might be there is a problem and it’s a good idea to get it checked by a Licenced Technician.
Call REPAIR Heating & Cooling Today. We stock common spare parts for all major Brands BRIVIS, BONAIRE,VULCAN, BRAEMAR and we can complete service & repairs on the same day.
OUR WARRANTY ON GAS DUCTED HEATING SYSTEM REPAIRS
To provide the best possible result on Ducted heating Repairs we use only Genuine components, all Spare parts are covered by the manufacturer's 12 Months Warranty and Our Labour carries a 12 Months Warranty as well.
WE SERVICE AND REPAIR ALL MAJOR HEATING & COOLING BRANDS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - FAQ :
Q. How often should the heater be serviced?
A. All manufacturers recommend the heater is serviced every 2-3 years to ensure it operates at peak efficiency
Q. Why burning smell coming from the heater?
A. There could be several reasons. If you're using your heater for the first time in a while it could be just a dust that has accumulated over the months and now burning off by the furnace. This smell should disappear quickly , but If the smell does not go away in a short time, It’s an indication that the unit requires attention of Licensed Technician.
Q. How much does it cost to run my heater?
A. The cost of running a heater varies depending on the design of your house, i.e. window coverings, insulation,floor coverings, ceiling height, outlet/return air location, running time.
Q. There is no air coming out of some of the vents.
A. It is highly probable that this is a ductwork related issue, especially if you have zoning. Check ducts for any blockage or damage.
Q. How can I reduce the running cost of my heater?
A. Cost can be reduced in the following ways: Turn the heater off when heating is not required. Install insulation in the ceiling and walls. Seal gaps around doorways and windows. Make sure the return air and optional filter are clean. Reduce the “set” temperature.
Q. Can a filter be fitted to my return air?
A. Yes, but - ensure the existing grille is compatible with airflow requirements. In most cases larger grille must be installed to compensate airflow restriction
HOW MUCH IT COSTS TO REPAIR A DUCTED HEATING IN MELBOURNE ?
Price from just - $190 incl GST
*** Cost of parts and extra labour - not included in basic price. Offer available in metro Melbourne area only.
What Our Customers Are Saying
This man is one of the best tradies I have encountered.
Polite, punctual and most of all is an expert at what he does at a very reasonable price.
Last year he serviced my Brivis evap. cooler. He took before and after photos as I wasn't getting on the roof for an inspection haha. This was his idea and I'd never thought about it.
He brought all the panels down for a good scrubbing. Other plummers have only hosed them down on the roof.
All in all, a very thorough tradesman.
This year Serge replaced my four vents in the house. They look terrific, and have a shiny finish for easy cleaning. He cleans up and takes all the rubbish with him
I'll happily refer him to my friends with confidence.
Thanks again SergeBrenda Chaplin
Great service, definitely recommendAdelina Redzepi
Excellent customer service, price and quality work. Serge was very thorough and quick to fix the problem.Goz Gozling
Very punctual very professional great service happy with repairs Serge was greatFrank
Sergey is a polite gentlemen with a lot of knowledge that he is willing to share. He explained the process of his service and showed photos of what was completed. He went above and beyond to service our heating and cooling unit. Sergey is highly recommended.Bianca Panagiotou
Sergey is a great guy to deal with. He is reliable, prompt,well organised and the finished job was neat and tidy. I have no hesitation in recommending him to anyone who wants to use his services.Reginald Arulappu
Top job done by this company. Cant recommend them enough.John Djordjevic
Very straight forward in service. Reasonable price. Give me good advice. Highly recommended.Thelma Concepcion
Very Knowledgeable and easy to talk too! His work is tidy and very thorough. Couldn’t be happier!Braydan Peacock
Sergey arrived on the time he said and the service was great. We will use this company again. ThanksRoss Pitt