So what is Evaporative cooling and how does it work?
Evaporative Cooling system is an efficient solution for cooling your entire house, it works on the simple principles of evaporation.
Evaporative cooling involves an external unit that sits on the roof and is connected by ductwork to a series of outlets providing fresh air all throughout your house.
Here we will demonstrate how it works in 4 simple steps:
- Warm outside air is drawn into the evaporative cooler through wet filter pads by the ventilation fan
- The warm air passing through the wet filter pads makes the water evaporate. The heat needed to cause the evaporation is expelled, creating cooler air
- The ventilation fan then directs the cool air through the ductwork into the rooms through the vents
- Windows should be opened sufficiently so that air flows steadily out to maintain a suitable balance and ensure the system functions at peak efficiency
Why and when Evaporative cooler needs servicing?
You may not be aware but evaporative coolers collect a lot of dust and pollen. This build-up of dirt and grime clogs up the unit and blocks the filter pads, causing possible problems with water pump and other components, blockages within water distribution and drain system. As a result - less cooling efficiency throughout the house.
The general recommendations to ensure maximum efficiency may range from checks on an annual basis to having the cooling system checked every 2-3 years, depends on the brand and model. The best is to refer to the owner’s manual. Also, it might worth to check the system after the first year it was installed, just to ensure everything has been set correctly.
Maintenance recommended to be performed before the summer season to keep cool and comfortable through the summer months.
What should be included in Evaporative cooling service?
The service includes cleaning the unit and ensuring that the system is operating at maximum efficiency, it also allows any minor problems to be detected early.
Also, any Maintenance or Repairs works on Evaporative Cooling system should be carried out by appropriately Qualified and Licensed Service Technicians to ensure the job done right on the first place.
Below is the list of our Standard Servicing Procedure:
- Wash filter pads thoroughly - remove all dust and other debris. Check for any damage.
- Clean the internal water tank thoroughly
CHECK OPERATION AND SETTINGS
- Check the fan blade and fan motor operation
- Test correct operation of the solenoid inlet valve
- Check float valve operation and water level setting
- Test operation of the water pump
- Test the drain valve is functioning correctly
- Check there are no water leaks either internally or external to the cooler
- Inspect dropper box and roof flashings for any rust or damage
TEST SYSTEM PERFOMANCE
- Test the water distribution across filter pads for even and complete saturation
- Check for adequate airflow from the outlets
- Provide detailed report on the completion
- Advise customer on the best practises to achieve maximum cooling efficiency
How much it costs to service an Evaporative cooling?
Our flat rate Price to service Evaporative cooling in Melbourne:
Single storey house - $230 incl GST
Double storey house - $300 incl GST
*** Fixed price does not include repairs. If repairs are required, time to fit parts and cost of parts not included in fixed price. Offer available in metro Melbourne area only. Prices on single- and double-storey dwellings is subject to work safe requirements.
WE SERVICE AND REPAIR ALL MAJOR EVAPORATIVE COOLING BRANDS
Why our Customers choose us
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING
Sergi was polite and did a great job would recommend him very professional.Gordon Hughes
Serge was recommended to me, I will not use anyone else form now on! His communication and detail to his work is excellent as his his promptness and price, I deal with many trades people and his integrity goes above and beyond.Di Casey
Sergey is very professional and reliable. I highly recommend his service.Alex Ch
Very Knowledgeable and easy to talk too! His work is tidy and very thorough. Couldn’t be happier!Braydan Peacock
Amazing service, extremely friendly & always on time. If you have any issues, Serge is the man you need😀 Highly recommend👍🏼Selin
Sergey did a fantastic job at my place with my ducted heating and cooling. He is a professional and polite tradesman, punctual and reliable. I would be happy to recommend him to anyone.martha umptious
Serge is very helpful and efficient. His work is very good and prices are extremely reasonable.I highly recommend him.Parvinder Grewal
Sergey was very helpful very polite and did a fantastic jobTommy McGinley
Great value for money.
Serviced a 10 year old gas heater
Arrived as scheduled and charged as quoted
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.A. Toth
Service was great, very detailed inspection & communicated with me throughout service of what he found & resolutions. Would recommendDebbo Crew
6 Steps How to increase an Efficiency of Evaporative Cooler :
- Whenever possible start the cooler early to prevent the build-up of heat within the house
- It is essential to provide the required amount of ventilation by opening external windows and doors when operating the cooler
- Use blackout curtains or blinds to reduce the impact of direct hot sunlight shining on windows
- On days of high humidity your evaporative cooler works best with the fan ON high and perhaps the pump turned OFF
- Service your cooler regular, the system relies on the flow of air through the filter pads, so the cleaner they are the better the air flow
- If moisture is building up on tiled or hard surface areas, ensure that airflow from the outlets is directed across the ceiling rather than down towards the floor