So what is Evaporative cooling and how does it work?
Evaporative Cooling system is an efficient solution for cooling your entire house, it works on the simple principles of evaporation.
Evaporative cooling involves an external unit that sits on the roof and is connected by ductwork to a series of outlets providing fresh air all throughout your house.
Here we will demonstrate how it works in 4 simple steps:
- Warm outside air is drawn into the evaporative cooler through wet filter pads by the ventilation fan
- The warm air passing through the wet filter pads makes the water evaporate. The heat needed to cause the evaporation is expelled, creating cooler air
- The ventilation fan then directs the cool air through the ductwork into the rooms through the vents
- Windows should be opened sufficiently so that air flows steadily out to maintain a suitable balance and ensure the system functions at peak efficiency
Why and when Evaporative cooler needs servicing?
You may not be aware but evaporative coolers collect a lot of dust and pollen. This build-up of dirt and grime clogs up the unit and blocks the filter pads, causing possible problems with water pump and other components, blockages within water distribution and drain system. As a result - less cooling efficiency throughout the house.
The general recommendations to ensure maximum efficiency may range from checks on an annual basis to having the cooling system checked every 2-3 years, depends on the brand and model. The best is to refer to the owner’s manual. Also, it might worth to check the system after the first year it was installed, just to ensure everything has been set correctly.
Maintenance recommended to be performed before the summer season to keep cool and comfortable through the summer months.
What should be included in Evaporative cooling service?
The service includes cleaning the unit and ensuring that the system is operating at maximum efficiency, it also allows any minor problems to be detected early.
Also, any Maintenance or Repairs works on Evaporative Cooling system should be carried out by appropriately Qualified and Licensed Service Technicians to ensure the job done right on the first place.
Below is the list of our Standard Servicing Procedure:
- Wash filter pads thoroughly - remove all dust and other debris. Check for any damage.
- Clean the internal water tank thoroughly
CHECK OPERATION AND SETTINGS
- Check the fan blade and fan motor operation
- Test correct operation of the solenoid inlet valve
- Check float valve operation and water level setting
- Test operation of the water pump
- Test the drain valve is functioning correctly
- Check there are no water leaks either internally or external to the cooler
- Inspect dropper box and roof flashings for any rust or damage
TEST SYSTEM PERFOMANCE
- Test the water distribution across filter pads for even and complete saturation
- Check for adequate airflow from the outlets
- Provide detailed report on the completion
- Advise customer on the best practises to achieve maximum cooling efficiency
How much it costs to service an Evaporative cooling?
Our flat rate Price to service Evaporative cooling in Melbourne:
Single storey house - $230 incl GST
Double storey house - $300 incl GST
*** Fixed price does not include repairs. If repairs are required, time to fit parts and cost of parts not included in fixed price. Offer available in metro Melbourne area only. Prices on single- and double-storey dwellings is subject to work safe requirements.
WE SERVICE AND REPAIR ALL MAJOR EVAPORATIVE COOLING BRANDS
Why our Customers choose us
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING
I was very happy and satisfied with the professionalism from this company from start to finish.
After having a terrible experience with another company, Serge took the time to explain the heating problem and what needed to be done and was very efficient.
I would use this company again and I also recommend them.. 👌Marryanne B
Serg is very professional. He quoted reasonable price. Came on time. He knew what he was doing and explained what he was doing while he was doing it. We would definitely recommend his service.Katie Pham
Sergey was extremely professional and provided service of top quality. He was very thorough and particular with his workmanship, so quality he provided was no question TOP. From quoting to installation of our heater system Sergey has delivered exceptional service quality and we highly recommend him. For any service requirements, installations or repairs call Sergey (AirWaterGas Plumbing) he will have it sorted for you.Peter J
Great service and very satisfied with the outcome. Sergey took the time to explain everything and even provided some preventative maintenance tips. I definitely recommend this service.Michael Smith
I am so happy with the way I got the service , very professional and Sergey helped me through the process from start. I would surely recommend to use the gas service.Abdul Sathar
Called Sergy today, I had been trying to get my system working all day and he was able to come at the end of the day in extreme heat! Fixed the problem gave me great advice on eventually changing my system as it is over 20 years old. Thank you for your prompt and honest service I highly recommend this company! Will be calling again. Thanks Sergy!Veronica Graham
I was highly impressed with the quality of work Sergei provides. I would not hesitate to recommend him. Great service and fair price !Bernard Baltrusaitis
Fantastic and reliable service !!! Sergey's honesty and professionalism are highly appreciated.We had an issue with ducted heating that in the end had to be replaced. Sergey organized everything and within less than 24 hours we had a new heater installed.Also he suggested to us to move the wall controller to the different spot and as a result of that for the first time ,since moving into our house 16 years ago, we have the same temperature in all our rooms.Couldn't be more happier. I highly recommend AirWaterGas Plumbing!!!Ljilja Silic
Sergey arrived on the time he said and the service was great. We will use this company again. ThanksRoss Pitt
When my tenant reported that the cooling unit is not working, the first company came and quoted $3,200 to replace the entire system. I sought Serge's advice on the unit and sent him out for a second opinion. I was very pleasantly surprised that the unit was repairable and the total bill was $259.50 - a massive saving indeed! Highly recommended.Terence Yeh
6 Steps How to increase an Efficiency of Evaporative Cooler :
- Whenever possible start the cooler early to prevent the build-up of heat within the house
- It is essential to provide the required amount of ventilation by opening external windows and doors when operating the cooler
- Use blackout curtains or blinds to reduce the impact of direct hot sunlight shining on windows
- On days of high humidity your evaporative cooler works best with the fan ON high and perhaps the pump turned OFF
- Service your cooler regular, the system relies on the flow of air through the filter pads, so the cleaner they are the better the air flow
- If moisture is building up on tiled or hard surface areas, ensure that airflow from the outlets is directed across the ceiling rather than down towards the floor